VSH: APW en "test server"

Xyzzy

Al parecer, en breve, la dungeon de "raid" Ancient Port Warehouse va a estar disponible en el "test server".

Leed este hilo de los foros oficiales: http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?&topic_id=22875

U

Sip, el GU3 Final aparecerá en Diciembre y como se habia dicho APW la abriran primero en el Test Server para k todas las guilds lo puedan probar y por supuesto hacer pruebas de lag al tener a varias personas en el chunk.

Este anuncio de Averem es mas k probable k sea por esa razón y k en breve este ya disponible en el Test Server durante esta semana o la siguiente, de momento toca esperar a la noticia jeje.

U

Los Devs han seguido dando información sobre APW.

Han comentado k habrá Quest para obtener una llave que nos permita entrar y donde uno de los pasos será eliminar un named.

Por otra parte también han levantado polemica con esta decisión:

Hey all,

As many of you have correctly pointed out, it’s very likely that during prime time – given the number of high level players in our game, that APW could potentially be rendered unplayable due to volume of traffic. As a result, we have implemented a solution to this problem that we wanted to outline for you here before it goes to test and then live in order to give us time to make sure it is fully understood before you guys start interacting with it on the test server.

Our first step was actually to move the dungeon itself to its own separate chunk. This is why you’ll notice an empty dungeon behind the current doorway, and soon the doors will be made immobile and this version of the dungeon removed completely. By moving the dungeon this allows the server supporting the dungeon to dedicate its resources entirely to those hunting within the dungeon itself, wasting no server resources on anyone who might be spending time doing the overland content.

The second step was actually to create multiple copies of this separate dungeon. Opening day we will only have one APW ‘shard’ (and yes, this could even potentially be called an ‘instance’) open. However, we will be able to, if it is deemed necessary and on a per server basis, open additional overflow copies of APW.

The way it will work is as follows:

* These will be accessed by using the APW key on the overland door, where a choice will be presented between all currently available overflow shards.
* All overflow shards share a single regional chat.
* If you have guild mates in the wrong shard it is possible to use healer summoning spells to transfer players between overflow shards.
* Boss lockouts are shared between all overflow shards, so each boss can still only be slain once per 6 days despite any additional shards being available.
* The shard is not limited to only one group or raid. Our current tests have shown that APW can accommodate in excess of 90 players and our goal number is around twice that. This number is something we hope to evaluate once we open APW on the test server.

As usual, if you have any comments about this please feel free to post here and I will respond to any questions or concerns.
[/i]

Resumiendo:

Es una solución parecida a la del EQ2 en las zonas normales, cuando APW tenga una cantidad considerable de gente se crearán nuevas "salas" a las que se podrá acceder.

No es exactamente una instance de la raid ya k se podrán encontrar varias raids en la misma zona pero si elimina el concepto de anti-instance total k tenia hasta ahora Vanguard pero sin algo así es más k probable k hubiesen problemas enormes de lag en la zona.

Xyzzy

Eso ya lo comenté hace tiempo. Que al salir dungeons de "raids" lo más probable es que usaran el mecanismo de instanciación que, siempre han dicho, Vanguard tiene.

Es que, viendo los recursos que "come" (tanto de cliente como servidor) el "monstruito" era la solución "lógica". Por mucho que a muchos nos gustase la idílica idea de un Vanguard sin instancias de ningún tipo.

Esta solución a lo EQ2 me parece que es un término medio bastante aceptable.

Xyzzy

Por cierto, acabo de leer en la web oficial que ya se puede probar la "quest" de acceso a APW en el "test-server": http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/newsArchive.vm?id=343&section=News

U

A la tarde le echare on ojo a ver en el Test a ver como es la quest :)

(Aunke me da mi k no estara plenamanente habilitada :P)

EDIT:

Ummm me acabo de encontrar con estos dos posts de Tiraslee:
http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=22952#259029

This has been given much thought as we were creating the quest to gain entrance to APW, as we know how competitive guilds can be on accessing high level content. Competition is great, however, we did not want it to start with the access quest/mob because that is not what it is intended for. It is to help slow the immediate rush as the doors are opened. Those who can defeat the encounter, gain entry. The quest itself is simple and fairly straight forward, the only big part of it is you will need to have a raid to complete it. We have made several other ways to help preventing 'blocking' , such as the non-agro overland mob itself can't be defeated and you will need to be on the quest and have an item to convert it into a 'winnable' version.

Supernaught@Seradon wrote:

..and let me just state another thought...

High level players, a lot of us, need this content now. _Right_now_. It seems unwise to bottle neck access to this place, even tho the APW is not going to completely squelch the demand for more content. I can't claim to know all the details of this access quest but what Illusive describes sounds like a bottle neck and one that will have people waiting in line to complete. "Bad Idea Jeans." Don't use a rare spawn to choke the quest. I'm not against an access quest but use a rare drop -or- use a crafted item -or-perhaps- use a diplomat to bargain for a raids permission to enter the APW. Whatever. It can be made challenging and interesting while avoiding the frustrations of past key quests *cough*eq1*cough*

The mob won't be rare, and has a short respawn timer on it. You will, however, have to find it, as it roams around in the chunk it is in. Also, to help with bottlenecking everyone into one place, we placed the mob in 3 different chunks, all you have to do is choose which one you want to go to and hunt him down.
[/i]

Por lo k parece el mob k pedira estará en 3 chunks distintos, no sera extramadamente raro pero si k pedira de una raid paraacabar la quest no se exactamente si por dificultad del mob o kizas por k solo raid groups pueden hacerle "engage" o acabar la quest.

Xyzzy

A mi me parece bien que pongan un prerequisito para entrar.

Aunque me parecería mejor lo que comenta uno de los posts; que el prerrequisito se pudiese cumplir de varias formas (la forma diplomática me encantaría personalmente :)).

EDITO:

También "mola" la idea que expone uno en los foros oficiales de hacer la llave trofeo de guild. De esta forma, si una guild la consigue todos sus miembros quedan "flageados" para poder entrar en APW. Si un miembro nuevo se une ganaría ese "flag". Si un miembro se va lo perdería.

Usuarios habituales